The Gem of the Northwoods!
Serenity Bay Resort, open since 1946, known for its stunning 600 feet of level sandy beach, classic cabins, and impeccable grounds, developed a following from day one.
The “Gem of the North” as it’s affectionately known, has been hosting families for generations. Traditions and memories are made and relived here at Serenity Bay.
With our classic Northwoods ambiance and charm, we are committed to the Serenity Bay tradition… Providing our customers with the quintessential Northwoods Resort experience.
- Our beach…
600ft of flat, level sandy beach. The perfect place for lazy summer days, sand castles and water sports.
- Beach toys…
Enjoy our selection of beach toys, including Floaties, Kayaks and Paddle Boards.
- Year 'round fishing at its best...
St. Germain lakes abound in Spring & Summer with panfishing, in Winter with ice fishing for walleye or northern pike, and in Fall for trophy-sized musky fishing.
- Enjoy fishing and water fun...
Beautiful Little St. Germain Lake is one of the finest producing lakes in northern Wisconsin covering 959 acres with 15 miles of shoreline. The lake has 3 large bays which make for smooth waters for fishing or water sports.
- Best snowmobiling in the Midwest...
With high quality trails and beautiful scenery, St. Germain has over 100 miles of snowmobile trails connected to neighboring communities throughout the Northwoods.
- Fun outdoor winter activities abound...
Downhill skiing in Michigan's Upper Peninsula is only one hour away. Or enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing and ice skating close to home.
- Amazing golf experiences...
There are 16 golf courses within a 20 minute drive from St. Germain. The 18-hole St. Germain Golf Club, rated an impressive four and one half stars by Golf Digest, is located right in town.
- The St. Germain Biking & Hiking Trail...
The eight mile trail runs through St. Germain and is only one paved mile from Serenity Bay Resort. It connects with 23 miles of paved Vilas County trails.
- Fun festivals and so much more...
Art and craft fairs, weekly summer flea market, Independence Day festivities, Colorama in the autumn, fishing tournaments, Pig in the Pines Ribfest, Kitty Kat Snowmobile Races and more.
- Plentiful fun family activities...
Go Karts, horseback riding, wildlife parks, kayaking, canoeing and more are sure to please the family.
- Unique & enjoyable shopping...
Enjoy shopping in Minocqua, Eagle River, Sayner or Boulder Junction - an afternoon shopping adventure will yield unique gifts.
Sports Court, Gift Shop and Game Room
Guests are welcome to use our newly renovated sports court which includes pickleball, tennis and basketball! Our Gift Shop is open year-round and offers a wide range of sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats and mugs. We also have a huge selection of DVDs for use during your stay with us. The game room is open during the Spring, Summer and Fall and is stocked with classic board games like Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders!
Outboard Motor Rentals
- 15 hp Suzuki outboard motors available for $65.00 per day (2 day minimum) or $200 per week plus tax.
- 3 gallons of fuel included.
- Additional fuel $5.00 per gallon.
- Life jackets and boat cushions included.
- Requires rental agreement upon check-in.
Explore St. Germain
Family Fun in the Northwoods
- 19th Hole Golf
- Eagle Falls Adventure Golf
- Wildwood Wildlife Park
- Elmer's Fun Park
- Hawk's Nest Canoe Outfitters
- Cathy's Ice Cream
- Northwoods Childrens Museum
- Weber's Wildlife Bar and Animal Park
Other Northwoods Links
- St. Germain Chamber of Commerce
Germain Area Fishing Conditions
- Wisconsin DNR Report
- Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- Walleyes Inc.
Snowmobile Trail Conditions